There are many ways to add mental stimulation to a simple game of fetch. For example, we can ask the dog to jump onto a platform and lie down before we throw a disc for him. We can ask him to go through an agility tunnel before catching the ball. The important thing to recognize is when the dog is getting over threshold and stopping the game or reducing its intensity until the dog calms down. If you know the signs of hyperarousal, depicted in the infographic in the original article, then you will be more able to help your dog.
- Hiking with Dogs is Balm for the Soul
- Whole Dog Journal's 2018 Approved Wet Dog Food List
- Dog Teeth Cleaning: Don’t Deny Dental Health
- Five Steps to Stopping Unwanted Behavior
- Panosteitis: Canine Growing Pains